With a focus on delivering award-winning work, growth and continuing it is five-year-long transformation journey with the recruitment of best-in-class talent, across disciplines, Edelman Amsterdam has announced 15 new hires to kick off 2021 and nine promotions with an ambitious recruitment drive continuing into the spring.
The latest people news comes after the agency announced the appointment of Dutch marketing communications heavyweight Michiel de Vries as Managing Director Brand earlier this month and include:
- Robin Den Hoed, as a Director, in the Corporate and B2B space. Den Hoed was previously a Director, Corporate Communications at H+K Strategies where he led clients including McDonald’s and Randstad. His 20 years of experience in areas including retail, banking, telecoms, and finance (FMO) has given him deep experience of providing board-level counsel.
- Tara Schuh who started her career at Edelman Washington DC and now joins Edelman Amsterdam’s Healthcare practice as an Account Director. She brings with her 15 years of healthcare experience in the U.S for companies including the pharmaceutical company Allergan, payer organizations, and WPP and Omnicom agencies, where her clients ranged from pharmaceutical companies like Bayer Women’s Healthcare, Eli Lilly, and Bristol Myers Squibb, to non-profits and the U.S. govt. such as EngenderHealth, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Former Edelman colleague Thomas Cordes who joins from Omnicom PR Group as an Account Director with a broad range of B2B and tech expertise.
- Debra AL who joins as an Account Director, bringing with her 20 years of experience in advertising and marketing communications including Young & Rubicam, TBWA, Ogilvy and Grey and latterly BP Nederland.
Meanwhile, promotions in the Amsterdam Office include:
- Anouk Benden, who has been with the business since 2007 to Associate Director in the thriving healthcare team. The promotion recognizes Benden’s stellar ability to manage and advise clients in the development and execution of strategic, creative, and digital communication plans particularly for companies and organizations.
- Wieteke Beerepoot who pioneered the role of Chief Operating Officer in the Amsterdam business during the transformation that recently saw the agency recognized as Benelux Agency of the Year by the prestigious Sabre Awards will step into a new role as Operations Director EMEA, with a remit to build our resource and capability management network of the future. She set up a Resource Management functionality and EMEA network to embed future ways of working around team formations for cross-market opportunities and integrated work, driving capacity optimization with the ultimate goal of maximizing client quality across the region.
Says GM Steve Heywood, ‘I passionately believe that people and performance are intrinsically linked and that driving innovation and building teams that collaborate and are relentless in their drive to continually improve – transforming both the employee and client experience – is key. These strategic appointments of Robin, Tara, Thomas, and Debra and indeed the promotions of Anouk and indeed Wieteke who played a pivotal part in our own transformation are testament to that. Our Chairman Richard Edelman recently talked about a need to reevaluate our approach to solving problems and to expand our notion of what effective PR entails and that’s the journey we’ve been on as we continue to mature our integrated marketing communications offer for both local and global clients here in Amsterdam’